Job description :
DBS Bank offers hands-on experience in their business operations, giving interns the opportunity to observe, participate and contribute in meetings and other business events. Throughout internship, mentors appointed by the Business/Service Unit will provide interns with career coaching, guidance and feedback.
Requirements:
Students who:
* are currently studying in a university.
* have excellent academic results.
* have active extra-curricular records.
* have an innovative and enterprising mind with an international outlook.
* have leadership qualities and good team working ability and communication skills.
* have excellent academic results.
* have active extra-curricular records.
* have an innovative and enterprising mind with an international outlook.
* have leadership qualities and good team working ability and communication skills.
Duration of internship:
at least 8 weeks from May to August or November to December, assigned to either a Business Unit or Service Unit.
(the application letter)
10 Kent Ridge Drive
NUS Eusoff Hall Block XXX
Singapore, 119242
8115XXXX
5 September 2010
DBS Bank
6 Shenton Way, DBS Building Tower One
Singapore 068809
6 Shenton Way, DBS Building Tower One
Singapore 068809
Dear Sir/Mdm
I am writing to apply for internship position in Singapore DBS Bank for duration from May to August 2011 which is advertised at the website www.singaporeinternship.com. Currently, I am a third year student at National University of Singapore (NUS), majoring in Electrical Engineering. As you will note from my enclosed university transcript and resume, I have consistently maintained good academic results as well as active participation in extra-curricular activities.
Throughout my study in NUS, I have successfully organised various activities for my committee members. I have also gained good communication and problem solving skills as I am required to constantly deal with and solve problems that my committee face. I also thrive on teamwork which is proved by obtaining excellent project results. In addition, I am a participant in NUS student exchange program because I regard this opportunity as an eye-opener to further widen my view and understanding of the world.
I truly hope that I will be given the opportunity to be part of this dynamic bank. I believe my education, skills and experiences fit your requirements, and I am confident my skills would be an asset to your company. I am available to meet with you at a time that's convenient to you. If you need any additional information, I will be more than glad to provide them.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Sheila Koh
8115XXXX
Hi Sheila!
ReplyDeleteOverall I think this application letter is well written. However, I believe most application letters will have the contacts written at the end of the letter rather than the beginning of the letter.
Thanks Riyan!
ReplyDeleteI googled and there are some that put it at the beginning, some put at the end, and some put at both beginning and end.
Since I dont know which one to follow, i just put my contact at both beginning and end. haha.
Good job Sheila!
ReplyDeleteJust some minor grammatical error...
1. Consistently-maintained good academic results
2. my committees face
3. to widen my view
4. skills and experiences fit do your requirements
5. that is convenient for you
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
Hi Sheila,
ReplyDeleteYou write what skills you have point by point according to the employers' requirements. This is very clear and effective.
However, I feel that it would be better if you mention a bit more of your grades and activities so that it would be easier for the employers to read.
Thanks for the good effort.:)
Hi Sheila!
ReplyDeleteYou clearly tell us your experience working for your committees, which shows your effectively communication skills, and your leadership.
Here are some small tips~
you can add more experience to prove your excellent communication skills. Then it will be more convinced.And another experience can be used to show that you have a innovative mind with an international outlook, which may fit the demand better.
Thank you for your hard work. :-)
Hello Sheila!
ReplyDeleteI like your letter as it is clear and concise with very few grammatical errors.
But you could have mentioned what commitee you were in and what kinds of activities you organised for the members, briefly.
You might also want to include some details about why DBS would be a great company to intern in. :)
Thank you Elin, Cosine, Brooks, and Pavi for the feedback! =)
ReplyDelete